Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wk. 3 Reading: Art of Possibilities Ch. 5-8


Chapter 8: Giving Way to Passion, really moved me this week.  In a time of much stress I found that reflecting and giving way to my passion helped to calm me and focus on why it is I do what I do.  This past year has been a balancing act, but the reason I kept with it and didn't give up or put the program on hold is because this is my passion.  I must help students understand how to use their higher level thinking skills and to create; to think deeply and become passionate learners.  Because of the EMDT program I find myself thinking more about how am I going to pull the most out of my students; how am I going to enable them to be empowered; how I can make sure that I create a classroom climate  where they’ll be willing to take risks. I think about the relationship between content, my teaching strategies and the technologies available.  The EMDT program has made my passion for teaching grow.  I have been so fortunate to have my fiance, family and close friends support me and my passion.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Tawyna - What a great testimonial! It's so nice to see you making a connection to the reading and that some of the ideas/concepts coming from Zander are helping you through these last stressful months. It's true, you passion can carry you places your legs may be too tired to take you.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete