Sunday, May 8, 2011

EDM613_WK1_Comment to Jerusha

SATURDAY, MAY 7, 2011

Wk 1 Reading: Copyright Issues

by: Tyler Stefanich

Copyright was a concept I was aware of, however I did not clearly understand what it covered. How long an item can be under the copyright law surprised me. The creativity of an individual should be covered, yet how far do you go to protect someone’s work? Often I forget how much work has gone into the production of creative work, thus not realizing the importance of copyright. The loophole for getting information in a way is Fair Use, a concept I was unaware of. The fine line between what meets the standards for Fair Use is hard at times, however is a great way to use a bit of great information without stepping into copyright issues.

1 comments:


Tawnya said...
Jerusha, I was not completely aware of Fair Use either. I knew of the teaching portion, but was unaware of the news, parody, and critical comment. I think Creative Commons is a great bridge between copyright laws and fair use.

No comments:

Post a Comment