Sunday, May 22, 2011

wk 3 Comment to Michael


By Michael Wood
Follow Michael here

Michael said...
As a reaction to my readings from 'The Art of Possibility" I made a SlideRocket show with some of the ideas I will use in my own teaching.  It may not look like much, but putting all my thoughts into a few concise ideas certainly took a lot of digestion of the material!  I hope you enjoy it.  By the way, SlideRocket was introduced to me by a student. It's definitely worth your time to check it out.

As a side note, I thought I would mention to my readers that purchasing the audio book was very fulfilling. The book is read by Rosamund and Benjamin Zander themselves.  It also has the classical works Benjamin is speaking within the context of the chapters, so you can really hear, musically, the principles he is speaking of. I think listening to these orchestral pieces is vital in your understanding of the text.  I got mine with a $7.49 monthly membership from Audible.com.  I downloaded to both my Droid and iPhone.  I highly recommend it!





Tawnya said...




Michael,
What a great idea of putting your ideas into Slidrocket. I have not heard of it before, so I will check it out and add it to my Diigo library. Your ideas are right on target and I'm sure when you apply them you'll see tremendous growth in your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment