Sunday, October 10, 2010

BP5_Kerpoof Scholastics


I have just signed up for a teacher account through Kerpoof Scholastics.  It takes about 2 business days for them to verify that I am an educator so I am currently unable to login and show you through a movie everything you are capable of doing.  So, you will just have to read on as I tell you.
As you can see in the screen shot above, there are lesson plans, and classroom ideas that align with the ISTE National Education Technology Standards for Students, as well as, California, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, New York, Texas, and Washington State education standards.
As a teacher you can set up your students accounts by using your email address.  Then they will be able to Spell a Picture, Make a Drawing, Make a Storybook, Make a Story, Doodle, Make a Picture, Make a Card, or a create a doodle in Doodle Pad.  You can click here to see Kerpoof's video on how all of these work.  I can't wait to get approved and use this in my classroom for students to make pictures using their vocabulary or spelling words and to also make movies applying the narrative elements.  What a great way to get students engaged in reading and writing!

1 comment:

  1. Good hook in this blog. I cannot wait to see it in action. The fact that they verify teaching status is impressive, a little annoying to have to wait, but still impressive. Thanks for the information on which state standards they have already incorporated. Since reading and writing are the basics for every other subject, I do not mind that it seems to be geared that way with no mention of mathematics. With the students being able to show what they know it will make my life easier when they come up to the high school.

    ReplyDelete